Recent Posts

Freeway Praises Jay-Z, Wants To Work With Dr. Dre, Eminem, Nas & Kendrick Lamar | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales on Astini News

Freeway says that Jay-Z "supports me 100 percent" and shares his love for Hov as a lyricist.

Freeway rose to Hip Hop fame in the early '00s under Jay-Z's guidance as one of Roc-A-Fella Records' flagship artists. Years later, Free insists that there is no bad blood between them, praising Hov for his abilities and stating that he's got his back.

&

"That's the big homie. Supports me 100 percent. Jay was one of my favorite artists anyway, even before I signed. If you look at what he's doing and the level he's at in his career and his age and everything, he's still able to be so good and be one of the top emcees," he told Montreality. "I listen to some of Jay's music today from 2001, 2002, and I'm still catching lines like, oh wow, that's what he said? That's how you know he's a good artist. His verse on 'What We Do,' that was my first big record with Jay, so of course it's my favorite."

&

Philly Freezer also ran down his wish list of collaborations. Though he's a seasoned emcee, he says that he hasn't had a chance to link with Dr. Dre and Eminem, and that he would love to work with Kendrick Lamar and Nas.

&

"I want to work with Dre. I've been in the game for a minute, I haven't gotten a chance to work with Dre. Definitely want to do with Dre and Em. Up-and-coming people, I want to do something with Kendrick Lamar. He's an artist who challenged the game and came with something different. I want to work with Nas, before it's all said and done. Nas was one of my favorite artists growing up."

&

Watch the full interview below, where he also recalls working with Nate Dogg, how he spent his first big paycheck and his upcoming project Freedom of Speech.

& &

RELATED: Freeway Speaks On "Freedom Of Speech," Freestyles Over Big L's "Ebonics"

What's on Your Mind...