Recent Posts

Hope Solo: Dancing with the Stars Drama Must End Now That Show Is Done on Astini News

Okay, Dancing with the Stars is over. The Body Issue of ESPN The Magazine is out and old news by now. 

Now, it's time for Hope Solo to return to what she does best: keeping soccer balls out of nets and winning games for the national team.

Well, it's almost time for that. As Kathryn Kattalia is reporting, Solo did have some parting words in an interview with Anderson Cooper. 

"I was told I had too much muscle and I was too intense and wasn't very dainty...Well, hello--you cast a female professional athlete. Help me get better as a dancer."

That's all well and good. It's fine for Solo to get some last shots in to the show. But just remember that although Solo was certainly a star before this show, Dancing with the Stars did an awful lot to boost her profile. 

But again, now it's time to focus on being a goalie.

Next up for Solo is something far more important than a Dancing with the Stars title. Come this summer, she has a gold medal to defend. Remember that while they didn't win the 2011 World Cup, the U.S. Women's Soccer team did win the gold medal in the 2008 Olympics.

While I am not personally a fan of the show, Dancing with the Stars is fine. 

Solo even said in the same interview that she wanted people to see more of her fun loving side.

I just really wish that America and all of our fans saw the fun-loving side of me and Max...Because I think that's what people really wanted to see.

That's fine, although Solo's star will never be greater than it is right now. It doesn't have to be. 

Solo had one other thing to say:

I am an intense athlete, however, I also am very--I can let loose and have fun and smile, and I did not treat this competition like it was the Olympics. I wasn't that intense.

Now, the time has come for that side of her to come out. It's all about soccer from now on.

Follow mdixon1985 on Twitter

What's on Your Mind...