Recent Posts

Daniel Radcliffe A 'Star Wars' Virgin - Entertainment News Story on Astini News

By Lindsey Hunter LopezSpecial to CNN

POSTED: Friday, September 23, 2011

UPDATED: 5:38 pm EDT September 23, 2011

As the star of a wildly popular film franchise, you'd think Daniel Radcliffe would be well-versed in pop culture phenomenons. But as it turns out, Harry Potter himself hasn't seen "Star Wars."In an interview with Moviefone, Radcliffe reveals that he's never seen the 1977 space opera."Yeah, I know. It's really bad," he says of the gap in his film knowledge.The 22-year-old actor explains, "I saw 'The Phantom Menace,' and everyone's like, 'You saw that one! You didn't see the originals?!' I know! I was 10! I didn't know any better!"But despite never having seen the films -- of which Radcliffe says, "I'm sure they're amazing and incredible" -- the actor does have a criticism."I think there is a slightly more balanced split between the sexes in the fan base of 'Potter,'" Radcliffe postulates. "I associate 'Star Wars' as being a predominantly male thing. And I think 'Potter' is split more evenly."He also notes that "because 'Potter' started out as a book, it's created a generation of literary nerds in a way that 'Star Wars' perhaps didn't."Despite the differences, Radcliffe says he sees where the comparison comes from."I do think of 'Potter' as being this generation's 'Star Wars,'" the actor says. "It's something that an entire generation has lost themselves in and it's a meticulously created, detailed world."And Radcliffe loves the major thing that "Star Wars" and "Harry Potter" have in common: nerds."Nerds are the best things in the world," he says, "I think of myself as a nerd."And this nerd won't be a "Star Wars" virgin for long -- someone is getting him the new Blu-rays."I know that I would love them because I'm a geek," he says, "so I would definitely get into them."

Copyright CNN 2011

What's on Your Mind...